Toll Collectors needed for HARRIS COUNTY!!! - $15.00 AN HOUR
POSITION IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD DUE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC - updated 9.8.2020
***We are asking only serious applicants apply, that can make a commitment to work any shift given*****
This position includes receiving money from vehicles going through the toll road, making change and operating a toll booth in a very polite and efficient manner. Maintains accountability for each transaction; equipment, supplies and funds assigned or collected during the tour of duty. You must be able to work any shift assigned.
Pay rate: $ 15.00 an hour - 40 hours a week!
Schedule: Must be able to work any shift, any day, any time, holidays, 24/7 - Work schedule will be given at time of completion of training. 40 hours a week is a given - Great way to get your foot in the door with Harris County!
Below is the job description:
- Classifies vehicles and collects the proper toll from drivers utilizing the toll facility.
- Provides drivers with available information concerning routes or area attractions.
- Prepares reports on monies collected and unusual occurrences.
- Receives cash and makes change for toll payments.
- Accounts for all monies collected.
- Performs all duties in a polite and courteous manner.
- Verbally communicates with the public and responds to patron's verbal requests.
- Walks and moves about in the traffic lanes assisting patrons and collecting monies as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- you must be able to give change and count money without using a calculator. - very good math skills needed! You will be tested in office.
- Ability to determine correct tolls to be assessed based on a numerical table.
- Ability to perform arithmetical calculations.
- Ability to properly react to vehicle and emergency vehicle sounds and lights (emergency lights, horns, sirens, etc.).
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to handle money and make change
- Ability to process traffic at six to ten seconds per transaction.
FYI......School schedules, Part time jobs, etc., cannot be accommodated!!
- This is a long-term temporary position with an opportunity for growth
- Attendance must be excellent, and no tardiness accepted… except under unusual circumstances.
- Must have reliable transportation
- 3- day paid training is involved at the main facility prior to your start date.
- You must have a clean background with no criminal history to apply.
- Proper dress code is a must. You will be given the Dress code policy if offered the opportunity!
- Phone usage during work hours is prohibited, except during your allotted break times.
- Must have 1-year cash exp.
- You must have No pre-planned events within the 1st 2 weeks, as these are the most crucial weeks of extended training.
If interested, we will need the attached clearance form toll collector form - Joann .docxfilled out and sent in ASAP if interested to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once form is received I will be in contact for the next step.
Payroll Clerks Needed for Harris County!
Pay rate: $ 15.00 an hour
Schedule: 40 hours a week
Work Location : Downtown Houston
Below is the job description:
Payroll Clerk duties, need experience in accounting and accounts payable and receivables.
if interested please send resumes to : email@example.com
This is an ONSITE POSITION with COVID 19 MEASURES IN PLACE.