Toll Collectors needed for HARRIS COUNTY!!! - $12.00 AN HOUR
***We are asking only serious applicants apply, that can make a commitment to work any shift given*****
This position includes receiving money from vehicles going through the toll road, making change and operating a toll booth in a very polite and efficient manner. Maintains accountability for each transaction; equipment, supplies and funds assigned or collected during the tour of duty. You must be able to work any shift assigned.
Pay rate: $ 12.00 an hour - 40 hours a week!
Schedule: Must be able to work any shift, any day, any time, holidays, 24/7 - Work schedule will be given at time of completion of training. 40 hours a week is a given - Great way to get your foot in the door with Harris County!
Below is the job description:
- Classifies vehicles and collects the proper toll from drivers utilizing the toll facility.
- Provides drivers with available information concerning routes or area attractions.
- Prepares reports on monies collected and unusual occurrences.
- Receives cash and makes change for toll payments.
- Accounts for all monies collected.
- Performs all duties in a polite and courteous manner.
- Verbally communicates with the public and responds to patron's verbal requests.
- Walks and moves about in the traffic lanes assisting patrons and collecting monies as required.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- you must be able to give change and count money without using a calculator. - very good math skills needed! You will be tested in office.
- Ability to determine correct tolls to be assessed based on a numerical table.
- Ability to perform arithmetical calculations.
- Ability to properly react to vehicle and emergency vehicle sounds and lights (emergency lights, horns, sirens, etc.).
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to handle money and make change.
- Ability to properly use 2-way radio communication and intercom system.
- Ability to conform to and abide by HCTRA policies and procedures including all safety rules.
- Ability to process traffic at six to ten seconds per transaction.
FYI......School schedules, Part time jobs, etc., cannot be accommodated!!
- This is a long-term temporary position with an opportunity for growth
- Attendance must be excellent, and no tardiness accepted… except under unusual circumstances.
- Must have reliable transportation
- 3- day paid training is involved at the main facility prior to your start date.
- You must have a clean background with no criminal history to apply.
- Proper dress code is a must. You will be given the Dress code policy if offered the opportunity!
- Phone usage during work hours is prohibited, except during your allotted break times.
- Must have 1-year cash exp.
- You must have No pre planned events within the 1st 2 weeks, as these are the most crucial weeks of extended training.
If interested, we will need the attached clearanceHCTRA applicant history form.pdf form filled out and sent in ASAP if interested to firstname.lastname@example.org . Once form is received I will be in contact for the next step.
Foster Coordinator needed for Harris County $16.00/hr - 1 opening
PER OUR CLIENT ( CANDIDATES WITH CRIMINAL HISTORY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPENING )
- PAYRATE: 16.00 AN HOUR
- SCHEDULE : 40 HOURS A WEEK
- Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
Under the supervision of the Transfer Supervisor, Veterinary Public Health, the Foster Coordinator is responsible for cultivating relationships with new and existing foster homes. This position will promote the foster program and increase the number of homes available. This position will work closely with various shelter staff to ensure animals are placed into foster homes as quickly as possible.
- Responsible for recruiting foster homes through outreach efforts and hosting foster orientations.
- Oversees the health, welfare, medical care, and maintenance of all foster care animals placed in foster homes.
- Responsible for finding foster homes for at-risk pets, off-site adoptions, transports, and transfers.
- Serves as the primary foster liaison and maintains communications with foster homes on a regular basis and schedules return of animals for vaccinations, recheck exams, surgery, and off-site adoption and transfer events.
- Creating and maintaining a database of available foster homes based on skills, experience and expressed interests.
- Creating marketing material for pets going to foster, transport and/or transfer.
- Actively works to recruit additional local or national partners to improve foster program by increasing visibility within the community.
- Provides timely, appropriate correspondence via email and phone with transfer partners and destination shelters.
- Answers basic animal health and care questions.
- Portrays a professional image and courteous attitude.
- Participates in various educational programs such as off-site adoption events, vaccination clinics and volunteer programs.
- Responsible for the recruitment, approval, and training of foster individuals.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of HCPHES VPH policies and procedures to include knowledge of shelter illnesses and disease transmission.
- Working with the Volunteer Coordinator, recruits and interviews volunteers and matches applicants with program needs, Supervises, trains and evaluates the work of Foster Program volunteers.
Please send your updated resume to email@example.com.
ROADS & BRIDGES-PARK MAINTENANCE LABORER
HARRIS COUNTY PRECINT 2
Hours: 40 hours per week, as assigned
-High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
-One year of road and bridge experience preferred
-Valid Texas Driver’s License is required
Pay Rate: $14.00 - $16.00 ph.
-Ability to work well with public and staff members
-Ability to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist, reach, climb ladders, stairs, drive and flag traffic for an extended period of time for special events
-Adequate physical stamina and ability to lift 50+ lbs.
-Ability to work in inclement weather and confined areas
-Ability to rake, shovel, dig, cut, clear, and or hand clear an area
-Ability to work around heavy equipment
-Ability to maintain and operate light equipment (chainsaws, pole saws, mowers, mechanical cutters, drive a typical pickup-automatic/standard)
-Perform daily maintenance of assigned equipment
-Ability to handle materials (mulch, dirt, gravel, cleaners, asphalt, oils, etc.)
-Pick up trash and litter, empty trash cans, maintain & clean restrooms and various park buildings
-Prepare parks and pavilions for events (set up, clean & take down chairs & tables)
-Possibly participate in Inmate and Community Service Program (monitoring work details as assigned)
-Perform all jobs in a safe and timely manner
-Arrive to work on time
-Perform other duties as assigned
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org - 713.773.2900 X209 UPDATED, 4.11.2019
GENERAL LABOR, CITY OF HOUSTON, PARKS & RECREATION
maintain small engine equipment, to include : chainsaws, grass trimmers, blowers, push mowers, riding mowers. Maintain maintenance records. Maintain small equipment shop facility . Report any problems or hazardous conditions that will prevent a safe environment to the public. Perform additional assignments as required. May operate small lawn and garden power tools such as: backpack blowers, string trimmers and stick edgers. One year experience.
- JOB LOCATION: 12025 SOWDEN RD.
- PAY RATE: $12.00PH
- SCHEDULE: MONDAY-FRIDAY 6:30AM - 3:30PM
- CONTACT: email@example.com
Kennel Technician needed for Harris County! 2 - opening
SCHEDULE:Monday – Saturday ( Day Shift )
PAY RATE: $13.00 P/H
LOCATION: North Houston
PER OUR CLIENT ( CANDIDATES WITH CRIMINAL HISTORY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPENING
Under the supervision of the Kennel Supervisor, the Animal Technician is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing animal holding areas as required. Counsel citizens interested in pet adoptions or searching for lost pets. Assist in photographing animals. Data entry of animal and citizen information. Participates in various educational programs. This position will witness and assist with humane euthanasia of animals, however contract employees do not perform euthanasia.
1. Responsible for the daily feeding and watering of all animals in the shelter. All animals in the shelter are fed and given water twice a day and as needed.
2. Humanely transports animals from unloading area and reception area to assigned pens. Assist animal control officers with unloading their trucks as well as intaking animals from the front
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Food Delivery Driver needed!!
- Pay Rate: $12.75 - $13.50
- Full Time: MON - FRI 05:30 A.M. - 02:00 P.M.
- Location: North Houston
- Valid Tx CDL license or TX Driver License is needed to apply.
- Must have a clean background
- Willing to work in Cold Box Truck
Please contact Zeena Fatima if interested at email@example.com
Lynchberg Ferry Deckhands
PAY RATE: $14.00PH.
- Must be able to work on a moving vessel in all water conditions
- Texas Driver’s License.
- Must attain Class “B”CDL within 90 days of hire or a Class “A” CDL and special endorsements, if job required
- ·Must pass Drug test
- ·Must pass Background Check
- ·Must undergo physical exam
- ·Must be able to swim
- ·Ability to work well with public and staff members
- ·Adequate physical stamina to lift 50+ lbs., bend, climb stairs, ladders and stand for extended periods of time
- ·Ability to work in inclement weather and confined areas
- ·Load and unload (direct) traffic safely on and off ferry
- ·Assist in the removal of stalled vehicles
- ·Ability to maintain and operate light construction and maintenance equipment (chainsaws, pole saws, mowers, mechanical cutters, etc.)
- ·Pick up trash and litter, maintain restrooms in various areas and buildings
- ·Perform necessary ferry boat maintenance (cleaning, painting, lubricating, and fueling)
- ·Perform all jobs in a safe and timely manner
- ·Perform other duties as assigne
40 hours per week, rotating shifts
Emergency situations may require additional hours
Must be willing to be on call after hours and weekends
The hours for the 1st two weeks will be
7:00 am – 3:30 pm (training only).
After training is over we will need them to work shift 10:30 am – 7:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org 713.773.2900 x209
MOSQUITO CONTROL TECHNICIAN
Our client a Government entity is looking for a Mosquito Technician.
Please see all details below. People with pest control experience are a plus to apply!!
Under the supervision of the Surveillance Supervisor, the Field/Lab Tech - Surveillance Technician, works to collect field and laboratory samples for arbovirus testing.
The Surveillance Technician also provides general support services in the laboratory as well as performing technical operations
60% Field Duties - Mosquito Surveillance
- Contributions in creating and testing new mosquito traps
- Assists in surveying sites for mosquito trap then proceeds to set and at a later date retrieve
- Supports in preparing all trapping material for daily surveillance operations
- Obtain permission for trap collection sites from both public and private entities
- Identify mosquitoes from other insects during field surveys and collections.
- Completes daily logs on vehicle and equipment use during field events
- 35% Laboratory Duties - Mosquito Surveillance
- Prepares all lab material for pooling
- Processes mosquito collections samples
- Identifies and pools mosquito specimens
- Assists in Data entry for surveillance section
- Assists in several administrative duties
- Constructs, Repairs and maintains all equipment used in the field
- Upkeep of Lab equipment and freezers
- Stocks trapping media solution
- Secures Center of Disease Control (CDC) trapping supply of dry ice (CO2)
- Assists other MVCD sections as required
- Education Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must acquire a Texas Certified Pesticide Applicator’s License within one year of employment.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s license.
- Must be able to learn general biology and morphology of mosquitoes and their control.
- Must be able to write neat, concise, and accurate reports.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s license.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must be able to communicate well with the public.
- Must be able to calculate and comprehend simple measurements.
- Must be able to read and comprehend maps.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to utilize a GPS unit.
- · BS or graduate degree in entomology, biology or closely related field may be substituted for
- Experience Preferred:
- Up to five years of experience with an organized mosquito control program may substitute for a high school diploma.
- Computer Proficiency:
Basic skills preferred:
Microsoft - Windows, Excel, Access, Word processing and Data Entry as well as Arc GIS.
Must be able to read a key map.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Must be in good physical health; able to tolerate high heat and high humidity for extended periods of time while working in spoils site, ship channel location, asphalt, concrete, dirt streets, etc.
- Pay Rate: $18.00 ph
- Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org